Monday, May 5, 2014

Seedling Update


The seedlings are up and thriving. I lost a few to drought (weekends away) and an unfortunate earthquake (I bumped the tray and everything fell on the floor) but the survivors are hardy little plants. I moved them into larger containers and separated out the plants. 

When it isn't like a wind tunnel on our balcony, I've been hardening them off and letting them bask in the direct sunshine. The red romaine lettuce could have stood better lighting early on - it's a little leggy. Ok, it's really leggy. I don't know what's going to happen to it when I plant them out. The peppers are gorgeous, stocky little plants though. They're the best seed sprouting experience I've had yet. 

This week I'm direct sowing melon seeds on my balcony and yard-long beans in the garden. Time to consider trellis designs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your seedling look good!