Thursday, July 1, 2010

Officially Summer

Now that I'm no longer in the educational system, the beginning of July always feels like the official start to summer. In celebration, I bring you the hot pepper! The official champion of hot n sticky weather and relentless sunshine. I had ample opportunity to enjoy mine today (for about an hour this afternoon) as I locked myself out of my building. Thankfully it was cool and breezy and the hot peppers were feeling photogenic. Our crazy next door neighbor who sometimes has a little too much to drink and then talks your ear off about Puerto Rico or his mother brought me a cold water while I waited for someone to get home.

The baby jalapenos are about an inch and a half long.

The pots are very dependant on my watering them as it hasn't rained in a week or so. Hopefully they will survive the vacation weekend.

No comments: