Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring

After an action packed weekend with sunshine and pleasant weather and back-to-back activities totally unrelated to gardening, I find myself behind on this year's gardening season. Last year the lettuce and radishes were sown by this point. I haven't even restrung the trellis or pulled out 2010's pepper and tomato carcases. My soil has not been amended. My seed order was never placed.

As many of you know, I'm hoping that my gardening situation will improve this year. We've been contemplating a small move (same general locale) to an apartment or house with a little outdoor space. The possibility of uprooting ourselves mid-season has been a little detrimental to the gardening plans. I have renewed my plot membership and I have drawn up a planting scheme but I have not begun.

While all this sorts itself out, I'll be watching episodes of
The Horticultural Channel and Victory Garden and dreaming about my own personal green acres.

No comments: